We're one week away from the premieres of Grimm, a new and dark fairy-tale based procedural, and of Chuck, the little-spy-comedy-that-could. Unfortunately, a week can be a very long time when you're waiting for something. That's why it's awfully nice of NBC to have provided extended preview clips for both shows, available for viewing online now.
Grimm is available on Amazon Prime.
The single video clip, embedded below for your viewing pleasure, contains both the first 20-ish minutes of Grimm
, followed by the first few minutes of the Chuck
season 5 premiere, "Chuck vs. the Zoom." It's not that much when you think about it, but that's probably NBC's overall strategy with the videos: Once you watch a few minutes, you will want more.
Is that the case? Will you want more? Click play to watch the video below:
Note to rabid Chuck
fans: If you want to skip Grimm
(not recommended -- it's pretty darn good), jump ahead to 23:13 on the counter for the beginning of the Chuck
premiere clip.Want to see more of the Chuck season 5 premiere? Click here for video clips from "Chuck vs. the Zoom."
If you're still wondering whether it's worth your time to bother with these clips, these tidbits might help you decide:
- Any fairy-tale purist will appreciate the tonal similarities to the original Grimm fairy tales exhibited by the Grimm pilot.
- You can't go wrong with "Sweet Dreams" by the Eurythmics. You just can't.
- Do you need a reason to be scared of those little porcelain figurines that grandmas typically collect? If so, then watch.
- David Giuntoli (lead character Nick Burkhardt) is a very nice-looking fellow.
- You don't have to wait long for monsters. You'll see four before the first commercial.
- There's a certain similarity to Law & Order going on. Only with fairy-tale monsters instead of your standard NYC predators.
- Who doesn't like the retro-cool appeal of Airstream trailers? (Seriously. I want one.)
- The main good/bad guy, Eddie the bludbad (aka, "Big Bad Wolf," played by Silas Weir Mitchell), shows up about 20 minutes in. He's worth watching.
- There's a Chuck preview. How could you not want to watch that? It has Mark Hamill!
If you want more of Grimm
, you have three choices right about now. Your first choice is to do nothing and wait patiently for the full pilot to air on Friday, October 28 at 9pm on NBC. Your second choice is to "like" the official Grimm page on Facebook
, thereby getting a look at the full Grimm
episode whenever you want.
Or you can follow BuddyTV's coverage of Grimm
over the next few days. Check back for exclusive videos, interviews and even a photographic tour of the Airstream and Eddie's house!
We've got plenty of Chuck
coverage coming your way as well. Check back for cast interviews, episode previews and spoilers for Chuck
season 5.Want some Chuck spoilers right now? OK! Click here!
Want more Chuck
scoop? Check out our Chuck Ultimate Fan Page on Facebook
Did you enjoy the Grimm
clips? Are you planning to watch on October 28? Leave your comments and opinions below!(Images and video courtesy of NBC)