Chuck Bass finally came face to face with his father while Blair Waldorf ran away from her feelings, whatever those may be. Nate Archibald let go of his past with Diana Payne and followed an uncertain future with Lola, but his new girlfriend's past with Ivy Dickens may cause some problems in the future. Finally, Serena van der Woodsen came clean to her best friend, but tonight, Gossip Girl may have taken that friend away for good.
"The Fugitives" continued raising the stakes and quickening the pace - as if making up for the first 21 episodes of the season. Here are some of the night's best tweets:
What they buried in the coffin is the least of my questions. #GG
- Haha, don't worry! All of them are answered off-screen, I'm sure.
Not even the HITMAN cares about Serena! :(
- Irrelevant character is irrelevant.
Why exactly is Nate so mad at Diana? Did she steal his pot? #gg
- Good question that may never be answered, along with "have you really been good this whole time?"
Chuck: "Thank you for that." Thanks Dad, for your blood. Thanks dad for being alive. Thanks dad for ruining my life. Great seeing you again.
- Ugh, Bart Bass makes my blood boil even as a fugitive-ghost.
Not only did Lola make the call before Diana left, but she also thinks Ivy is blonde. Lola and Nate...so much compatibility. #gg
- Nate's gotten so smart this season, he needed a woman to balance him out.
See even S knows that Blair is not Blair without a headband lol.
- Finally, the writers seem to be getting it!
Nate looks like he's 10 secs away from taking off his shirt. The best way to distract any woman #GG
- It would certainly put me off any Machiavellian plans...
Andrew Tyler, you are the evilest! HATE! But it was for his family, so meh.
- So many Andrew Tyler feelings in just one episode.
Love seeing #BlakeLively and @itsmeleighton in scenes together- more fun than some of the "couples"...
- Awww, yes. These two girls need to have more scenes together next season - if there is one.
Just kill me. Shoot me now. LAY ME DOWN ON A BED OF ROSES. SINK ME IN THE RIVER AT DAWN, SEND ME AWAY WITH THE WORDS OF A CB LOVE SONG
- Exactly how I felt when the episode ended!
Tatiana del Pilar
(Image courtesy of The CW)