Tonight's Gossip Girl dealt with faith even more than last week's episode. From the politics of an organized religion that would lead a priest to take extreme measures to ensure he keeps his power to the belief Chuck displays in his love for Blair just as she puts her fate in other hands and tries to compel him to give up, faith in its various forms touched everyone's story lines tonight. Here are some of the best tweets about "Father and the Bride."
Darling #GossipGirl fans- would love to tweet w u but am still Sundancing at parties & movies all night!! enjoy! Hope u miss me... I miss u!
- Aww, we missed you too, Cece! It's just not the same if Serena's grandmother isn't snarking to us about her gin-sipping ways.
Check out the priest. Only in TV land would he look like that. #GG
- No matter what else is going on, let's be thankful there are always beautiful Holy Men to look at!
Please Nate, you know that stalking is how Chuck shows he loves you. #GG
- Remember when Nate knew it was love because Chuck was talking like an assassin? Ah, friendship.
All of Dan's story pitches are utter crap. Just write a sequel to #Inside already! #GG
- Agreed. I never thought I'd find myself agreeing with the Hollywood producer types, but if we're going to start going meta with Gossip Girl, let's take it all the way!
PRIEST KNOWS HOW TO TXT!?!? BLASPHEMY! #GG
- Haha, yes! If this priest is going to go around sleeping with the Prince of Monaco's sister, the least he could do is pretend to take a vow of poverty.
Nate, I don't know what you're yelling about but I'm pretty sure you've complained about it before. #GG
- Nate and his striving for integrity are one of the constants of the Upper East Side, and we couldn't be happier for it.
"I never thought I would read anything written by Serena van der Woodsen that was coherent." #fixed
- Given Dan's surprise at the thought of Serena writing anything decent, it almost was like he was insulting her, poor girl.
I wish Chuck would just do it the old school way: "I object!" #GG
- Me, too! No hot priest needed. Just Taylor Swift blasting "Speak Now" through the church, please.
Ok, #GG has redeemed itself: the lying, scheming priest & the return of the evil Chuck Bass - yes pls!
- I love that Gossip Girl redeems itself by turning characters bad, much like Chuck returns to villainy when he is tempted by a priest. Irony!
Watching #GossipGirl for the first time all season. When did Nate and Serena start the online version of Brandon and Steve's Beverly Beat?
- Nate Archibald and Serena van der Woodsen are now the smartest and most-hardworking characters on this show. It just had to be said.
Tatiana del Pilar
(Image courtesy of The CW)