This week's Gossip Girl saw a few of the many secrets that had been piling up throughout the season finally come to light. Nate found out Serena was the new GG and made it his mission to teach her a lesson alongside Lola. Serena, for her part, was trying to keep her own secret safe and expose the original GG, but ended up discovering Diana Payne was a brothel's Madame with the Non-Judging Breakfast Club's help. The biggest secret uncovered tonight, however, was about Chuck's parentage. Blair accidentally realized that the question isn't who Chuck's mother is or who his father is, but rather why his father is still alive. Here are the top quotes from the episode:
Not all titles featured on BuddyTV are available through Amazon Prime.
Serena: "This laptop is the only thing keeping me sane."
- Laptops. Cheaper than therapists, and just as effective.
Nate: "It takes a special level of crazy to go that far to hide your secrets."
- The best thing about this line is how Chuck immediately thinks of Blair because of it.
Blair (to Dan): "How often do you shave? I'm just asking."
- We're all asking.
Blair (to Chuck): "You know what, Bass? Today's your lucky day."
- It's our lucky day, too!
Gossip Girl: "Careful, Lola. When you double-cross a double agent, there's always double trouble..."
- Wow, that was a mouthful!
Chuck (to Blair): "I can't tell you how glad I am at this moment that Diana isn't really my mother."
- Chuck and his mommy issues. Spin-off?
Chuck: "Nathaniel, you must remember something unusual Diana was doing all those Saturdays?"
Blair: "Besides you, of course."
- Snap! Nate got it from all sides tonight. Did anyone not make fun of the poor boy?
Serena: "The old Gossip Girl hurt people, but I'm different."
Nate: "No, you're not, Serena. Just look at what's happened to you. You've cut yourself off from everything and everyone that you care about. It's not right."
- A cold dose of self-awareness, from none other than Nate Archibald. Who knew?
Dan: "I love you. You know that, don't you?"
Blair: "I do now. Come on, let's go."
- Sassiest response to a confession of love ever? Yes, I think so.
Bart: Oh, my God.
- OH, MY GOD.
Tatiana del Pilar
(Image courtesy of The CW)