A full recap is coming your way soon, but for now, check out my favorite moments and quotes from Gossip Girl
season 3 episode 2, "The Freshmen," and tell me what you thought of the episode!
As for me, where last week's "Reversals of Fortune" left me worried that this season Gossip Girl
might be short on scandal, this week's "Freshmen" served up all the hilarity and back-stabbing I had been hoping for!
Not all titles featured on BuddyTV are available through Amazon Prime.
- Chuck to Blair: "The only queens at NYU are the ones with tickets to see Liza Minnelli at Carnegie Hall."
- Vanessa to Blair and Georgina: "My room's just down the hall. That's... awesome...?"
- Chuck to Serena: "For people like us, a college degree is just an accessory, like a Malawi baby or a poodle."
- Gossip Girl: "Spotted: Blair Waldorf going from VIP to VD."
- Blair to Katie: "Dan's a writer?"
- Blair to Dan: "You were just a casualty in the battle for social dominance."
- Gossip Girl: "Uh oh, B. I guess your new flock was just led astray. And by Dan Humphrey, no less. Guess they know a fake prophet when they see one."
- Blair to Serena: "The minute you cross 14th street, people forget there's a class system!"
- Serena: "I never meant for it to get this messed up." (LIE)
- Georgina: "I got my meds all straightened out." (LIE)
- Serena, on dropping out of college: "It may have been for the wrong reasons at the time. But now I know it was the right decision." (STUPID)
- Serena: Pretty much everything she said tonight. (TRAIN WRECK!)
"You're not my bad habit. Thinking and then putting those thoughts into words... is." - SerenaBest Moments:
- When Blair got back at Georgina by inviting her Jesus Campers to the rooftop kegger and declaring it a secret "conversion party" to everyone.
- Chuck calls his home the "Bass cave." And Serena a "train wreck." Both accurate.
- Dan tells Blair "No headbands in college." (Though not entirely accurate.)
- Blair climbs into bed with Chuck:
"Are you okay?"
"I am now."
- A bunch of NYU freshmen deny FREE sake and sushi, just because it comes from Blair? That would never happen.
- Katie makes Dan's head even bigger by recognizing his name from the New Yorker.
- Georgina does a terrible "fresh start" act at NYU, and everyone buys it from Day One. Nu huh. I can smell her scum from the West Coast.
- It's impossible to pick just one worst moment from Serena's prolonged self-pity party and stupidity-fest tonight! They were ALL the worst.
- Aaaand THIS:
"Is it my hangover, your morning breath, or your FACE that makes me want to vomit right now? I really can't tell. " - What Dan Should Have Said TWSS (That's What SHE Said) of the Evening:
- Vanessa: "Just because someone has to be on top, doesn't mean it has to be Blair."
- Nate Archibald continued to be too boring to qualify on either end of my excitement spectrum. He either needs to get interesting or get out, ASAP.
- Serena uses Carter, pushes him away, uses him again, pushes him away, and now tells him "You're the one I want"? If he's stupid enough to buy that again, he deserves to board that train wreck. All aboard! Next stop, ViciousCyclesville!
What were your favorite quotes and moments from tonight's episode, and which left you with a nasty taste in your mouth like you had just kissed Georgina Sparks? Sound off in the comments below!
-Meghan Carlson, BuddyTV Staff WriterImage courtesy of the CW