OK, we get it. Dancing with the Stars has All-Stars this season. You wouldn't think that ABC would need to drive home this point by comparing their celebrity dancers to superheroes.
As evidenced by this new Dancing with the Stars: All-Stars promo video, you would be wrong. Keep reading to check out the "super power" of each returning dancer.
Not all titles featured on BuddyTV are available through Amazon Prime.
Seriously. They have super powers in this promo. It's both insane and kind of awesome -- kind of like Dancing with the Stars
itself, when you think about it. Check out the Dancing with the Stars: All-Stars
video for yourself here:
That's not even a little bit over-the-top, is it?
Whatever the case, we can't argue that Dancing with the Stars
has come up with a seriously entertaining bit of advertising for their All-Star
season. After all, we have seen -- many times over the past 14 seasons -- the standard variations on celebrities dancing, looking hot and talking. Acting like superheroes is refreshing.
Also Dancing with the Stars: All-Stars
now has a bat signal. That's just plain awesome.
What super powers can we assign to each All-Star
after viewing this video?
- Emmitt Smith: The Power of Looking Up with Purpose from a Newspaper
- Pamela Anderson: The Power of Ignoring the Paparazzi for a Higher Purpose
- Bristol Palin: The Power of Putting Down Her Menu at a Street Cafe
- Gilles Marini: The Power of Getting His Date to Her Door Safely
- Sabrina Bryan: The Power of Not Reading a Celebrity Magazine
- Kelly Monaco: The Power of Standing in Front of an Open Window
- Joey Fatone: The Power of Ripping Open His Shirt So That Millions of Stars Can Fly Free into the Galaxy (this is, by the way, my favorite of the super powers)
- Drew Lachey: The Power of Landing on His Feet Next to Garbage Cans
- Melissa Rycroft: The Power of Running in a Miniscule, Sparkly Dress
- Helio Castroneves: The Power of Driving While Looking Up at the Sky, Not at the Road
- Shawn Johnson: The Power of Being a Kickass Gymnast (which is actually her real power, when you think about it)
- Kirstie Alley: The Power of Appearing on a Television
- Apolo Anton Ohno: The Power of Speed Skating in the Middle of a City Street on Which There Is No Ice
We will get to see these super powers in action (or not) when Dancing with the Stars: All-Stars
premieres on Monday, September 24 at 8pm on ABC.
super power is your favorite? In a fight (dance-fight or otherwise), which super power would win? Leave your comments below!(Images and video courtesy of ABC)