Fans of HBO's Game of Thrones have a long wait ahead of them until the second season begins next year. What are we to do? (You know, other than start reading the thousands of pages of George R.R. Martin books) A new video, depicting the entire first season of Game of Thrones as a 1980s-style role-playing game may not be quite the same as new episodes. But it does help to pass the time.CollegeHumor Video
Warning: The video contained in this article contains spoilers, violence and seriously NSFW pixilated sexuality. Kind of like Game of Thrones itself. Except for the pixilated part.
posted the Game of Thrones
RPG on August 4. Apparently, someone there had:
a) a lot of time on their hands
b) an unhealthy obsession with Game of Thrones
c) incredible and fast animation skills
d) all of the above (and then some)
Whatever the case, the video is more than worthy of three minutes of your time:
Feel free to take a moment to stop snickering.
While the entirety of the game video is awesome (and totally makes me want to break out a late-80s Nintendo to play it), there are some highlights worth noting.
- The old-school video game version of the opening is almost as cool as HBO's official one.
- Jaime Lannister's "Skill" menu consists of "Incest," "Usurp" and "Bribe." That about covers it.
- "You can't do that right now."
- Naked animated Khal Drogo!
- Ned Stark should totally have eaten jellybeans.
- I wonder what we would have gotten if Tyrion's "Quip" menu had chosen "Witty" or "Insight" instead of "Crude?"
- Yeah, I didn't know who Theon Greyjoy was either.
- Poor, cold Jon Snow...
I only have one minor quibble with the awesomeness of the Game of Thrones
RPG: Where is Arya? How cool would a pixilated Arya be with her Needle?
Maybe she'll show up at the next level. Until then... Game Over (Press A to Continue).
Let us know what you think of the Game of Thrones
RPG in the comments section below!(Image and video courtesy of CollegeHumor Video)