Did you fail to score a pass to the 2012 San Diego Comic-Con? Do you just want even more to do? If so, Warner Bros. Entertainment has your solution. The company will bring its first-ever, free outdoor entertainment to San Diego. This means TV stars, giveaways and even Batmobiles!
Fringe is available on Amazon Prime.
The outdoor festival, called Extra at Comic-Con, will be a free entertainment extravaganza held just outside the San Diego Convention Center. From July 12 to 14, Extra will take over Bayfront Park, located in between the Convention Center and the Hilton San Diego Bayfront Hotel.
What will Warner Bros. bring?The Extra Stage
The stage will be the centerpiece to the Extra at Comic-Con event. Warner Bros. is planning to offer constant entertainment on the stage -- Q&As, live performances, screenings and interviews. Stars from shows such as The Vampire Diaries
, The Big Bang Theory
and more are scheduled to appear for live interviews to be taped on the stage.
Warner Bros. will also use the stage as a center point to distribute special Comic-Con editions of TV Guide
magazine. The magazine covers will feature special photos from The Big Bang Theory
, The Vampire Diaries
Only an event as crazy and large as Comic-Con could bring together all six Batmobiles for a special exhibit. The six cars will be on display throughout the Extra at Comic-Con festival.
The exhibit includes
A Little Lord of the Rings Action
- The 1955 Lincoln Futura driven by Adam West's Batman in the television show and Batman movie from the 1960s
- Michael Keaton's Batmobile from the Tim Burton Batman and Batman Returns movies
- The wall-climbing Batmobile driven by Val Kilmer in 1995's Batman Forever
- The giant and fast Batmobile seen in George Clooney's 1997 Batman & Robin
- The Tumbler Batmobile driven in Batman Begins and The Dark Knight
- The updated Camouflage Tumber, to be seen this summer when The Dark Knight Rises opens in theaters.
While The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey
won't be released until December 14, 2012, Extra at Comic-Con will have a video-game preview for fans. The new game, Guardians of Middle-Earth
, will be available for game-play, and tournaments will be held each evening.LEGO The Lord of the Rings: 3D Street Art
will create a three-dimensional display in the Extra area. Between July 13 and 15, you will see the installation throughout its creation process.
For more information and a full Extra at Comic-Con event schedule, click here
.(Image courtesy of Warner Bros. Entertainment)