After the death of Etta in "The Bullet That Saved the World," one of the biggest challenges in Fringe is just going to be moving forward at all. Will Peter and Olivia even be able to function without their daughter? How will Astrid and Walter process it? The next episode, "An Origin Story," is certain to give us lots of clues on this front. But for now, all we have are a couple of videos previewing the next Fringe season 5 episode.
Fringe is available on Amazon Prime.
WARNING: There are a few Fringe season 5 spoilers in these videos. There are also a lot of potential Fringe-related tears. Both can be dangerous.
The first of the two Fringe videos is a promo for the upcoming episode, "An Origin Story." It looks pretty grim and violent. See for yourself here:
- "Why would we get her back just to lose her again?" Yeah, Fringe? WHY???
- I wonder if the brief video seen of Etta as a little girl was mixed in with Walter's save-the-world tapes. That would be hard for them to deal with if it were.
- What's with the big black square suddenly opening up? That's weird, even by Fringe standards.
- Peter looks like he's going to go full-on Hulk when he is looking in that mirror.
- Yeah, Mr. Observer Man, we all blame you for her death!
The second of the videos takes a look back at Etta's tragic and heroic death, combined with interviews with the several of the Fringe actors. Good luck trying not to cry. Again.
While it's nice to see Georgina Haig alive and talking (in her actual accent, no less!), seeing that footage of the girl's death is just as traumatic now as it was the first time we saw it in "The Bullet That Saved the World." I really don't know how the various Fringe characters -- especially Peter and Olivia -- are going to be able to cope at all.
Maybe we'll get a Fringe miracle at some point? Weirder things have happened on this show, after all.
The next Fringe episode, "An Origin Story," airs on Friday, November 2 at 9pm on FOX.
(Images and videos courtesy of FOX)