Whatever flaws the evil Observers who take over the Earth in the future have, at least they're hard workers. They would have to be to produce so many PSA videos instructing humans on how to behave. FOX has now released a third video to get us ready for Fringe season 5.
Fringe is available on Amazon Prime.
We don't know exactly how many Observer videos we are going to get from Fringe
before season 5 begins, but there may be quite a few. It probably depends on how many Observer-Native issues they think we need to know about before the new season starts.Want to watch the Observer video about "Brain Scan Protocol?" Click here
Whatever the case, this video is officially Native Edict number 5 of 16 -- the other two videos released were numbers 9 and 12. The theme of number 5? "Residency Protocol."
What do we learn from this video?
- The Observers think (or pretend to think) that they are generous about giving rights to the Natives (aka humans). This does not seem to be true.
- So people are allowed to travel wherever they want within a residential quadrant. I wonder how big those quadrants are? We know from last season's "Letters of Transit" that travel into and out of New York City was illegal without the proper papers. But where was the boundary?
- The Observer gives a very odd definition of daylight hours. I mean, in the summer, it's light out much later than 7pm. And in the winter, it can get dark as early as 4 or 5pm. But the Observers probably just like to have set rules for these things.
- What is a "no-go zone?"
- Is that Etta's card that flashes on the screen at the 31-second mark? Check out the image below:
To learn about "Travel Protocol," click here
- If you have to be back in your residence by 7pm, how were all of the people in "Letters of Transit" wandering around in and out of the Observer nightclub? Maybe they had special passes.
We will get to see a whole lot more of the Observers and their reign when Fringe
returns for season 5 with "Transilience Thought Unifier Model-11" on Friday, September 28 at 9pm on FOX.(Images and videos courtesy of FOX)