A few weeks back, when BuddyTV joined other reporters on the Vancouver set of Emily Owens, M.D. (thanks to a trip provided by Warner Bros.), we heard rumors of a big event coming for the show. This event would occur during episode 7 of the show's first season -- the episode filming that day.
Most of the actors were unwilling to divulge too many details of the super-secret event, but we did get a few hints. Check them out here!
Not all titles featured on BuddyTV are available through Amazon Prime.
WARNING: There are Emily Owens, M.D. spoilers in this article. Specifically, there are spoilers about a birthday party. You may not think that the existence of a birthday party in a TV show would be important. The secrecy with which the actors addressed this indicates otherwise. Only you can decide.
As far as we could gather, the birthday party will be a major social event in its episode. All of the younger doctors are likely to be in attendance -- unfortunately, Dr. Gina Bandari (Necar Zadegan) is too professional for such things. It will be held in an apartment most likely belonging to Emily Owens herself. Various party details, such as balloons and streamers, will be involved.
And it will be a double birthday!
Want to know more? For that, we turn to two people who obviously know way more about this mysterious shindig than us. That would be actors Mamie Gummer (Emily Owens) and Michael Rady (Micah Barnes). We asked them about the birthday party when conducting interviews on the set and actually got responses.
Check out what details the two actors had to share in this video:
What do we learn about the birthday party?
- The happy occasion will celebrate both Emily and Cassandra (Aja Naomi King). Considering that these two are rivals, we can probably expect extra sparks to fly.
- Since Emily is not the type to hog the limelight, she may actually throwing the party for Cassandra.
- Micah's main purpose at the birthday party is to see if Emily is interested in him yet.
- Awwww... Poor Micah will be leaving the party early.
- A few other people, however, will not. Not unless Emily kicks them out for visiting a back room alone...
Emily Owens, M.D. airs Tuesdays at 9pm on The CW.
(Images courtesy of The CW)