We still have more than a week until we get to see their dance moves, but that doesn't mean that the celebrities and professionals of Dancing with the Stars, season 12 can't talk about it. ABC has released a series of short video interviews with each dancing couple. And there are definitely some interesting bits to watch.
Not all titles featured on BuddyTV are available through Amazon Prime.
With 11 couples, it's a given that most DWTS
fans won't be familiar with everyone. It's entirely possible for the fans to have never even heard of some of the stars -- I will fully admit to needing Google when it came to Chelsea Kane and Mike Catherwood. For that reason alone, the introduction interviews of the video are useful.
It's also worth watching the video for a couple of minor laughs. These may not be the most inherently compelling stars in the history of the show, but they can hold their own when it comes to interviews.
A few highlights stood out to me while watching:
- I'm a fan of Wendy Williams, but there's something about her styling, clothing or positioning that makes me think she's really a man in drag, about to pounce on Tony Dovolani.
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy seems both intrigued and perplexed by his partner, Kirstie Alley.
- What exactly is Chelsie Hightower staring at while Romeo talks? It seems to make her happy.
- Chris Jericho may be the most excited-seeming of the stars. I guess he misses the wrestling choreography and costumes or something.
- Should I know what a "Go Kendra" dance is?
- Lacey Schwimmer and Mike Catherwood may not have time to dance between the comedic banter.
- Ralph Macchio looks kind of stiff. We're talking wooden levels of stiffness. Hopefully he'll lose some of that on the dance floor.
- Hines Ward looks awfully good in pink. And I seriously doubt anyone would dare question his manhood while wearing it.
- Chelsie can't rap. At all.
Did you enjoy the video? Which stars and professionals seem like they'll be the most fun to watch this season? Did you expect more out of anyone? Share your opinions below!(Image and video courtesy of ABC)