This is the week when things get weird on Dancing with the Stars season 14.The Dances
Instead of one elimination on Tuesday night's Dancing with the Stars: The Results Show, there will be two. Instead of one dance for each pair, two dances are expected. And, instead of two people on the dance floor at all times, occasionally there will be three. What will this all mean?
For the first time in Dancing with the Stars
season 14, each couple will need to perform two independent dances on Monday night's performance show. One will be a new style for the pairs, while the second will be a Latin performance as part of a trio (more on that later).
The Dance Trio
- Melissa Gilbert and Maksim Chmerkovskiy: Foxtrot, Samba
- Roshon Fegan and Chelsie Hightower: Foxtrot, Paso Doble
- Donald Driver and Peta Murgatroyd: Tango, Jive (Note, for some reason, Donald and Peta's trio dance will be a jive instead of a Latin dance.)
- William Levy and Cheryl Burke: Foxtrot, Paso Doble
- Katherine Jenkins and Mark Ballas: Viennese Waltz, Cha-Cha
- Maria Menounos and Derek Hough: Waltz, Samba
OK, so because Dancing with the Stars
week 8 is all about messing with our minds, the show has added an oddity that they're calling the "Trio Challenge." In this challenge, each of the remaining couples will pick a professional -- either an eliminated dancer or a troupe member -- to join them for a single routine.
I have no idea why this is supposed to be a good idea, but whatever.
Who's going with whom? And what are they dancing?
That Pesky Double Elimination
- Melissa and Maks: Val Chmerkovskiy (brotherly love!), Samba
- Donald and Peta: Karina Smirnoff, Jive
- William and Cheryl: Tony Dovolani, Paso Doble
- Katherine and Mark: Tristan MacManus, Cha-Cha
- Roshon and Chelsie: Emma Slater, Paso Doble
- Maria and Derek: Henry Byalikov, Samba
Thanks to the first week of competition -- in which there was no Results Show
-- Dancing with the Stars
season 14 needs to force a double elimination on its competitors. That happens this week. The Dance Duel is no more, so Dancing with the Stars
week 8 will need to eliminate the bottom two pairs.
Who will it be? (Other than Roshon and Chelsie, of course. They're doomed.)
Do you like the idea of a Trio Challenge in Dancing with the Stars
week 8? Who will lose in the double elimination? Leave your comments below!(Image courtesy of ABC)