Are we seriously in week 8 already? It seems so fast. The time has flown by. Almost ... instantly? That would be fitting, of course, since we've arrived at Instant Choreography Week for season 12 of Dancing with the Stars
Not all titles featured on BuddyTV are available through Amazon Prime.
The competition is sure to be crazy this week as each of the remaining five pairs must come up with their standard dance and
a performance that must be matched
instantly to music they receive during the live broadcast. While each couple will know the dance style, none will know the exact music (and therefore specific moves and timing) for the performance.
In the past, this fairly insane performance setup has led to both amazing and lackluster dances. Who will rock the instant dances tonight? Which couples will falter?
Obviously I don't know, but I'm willing to guess, based on past performance. Thus, I give you my totally-clueless ranking predictions for the Instant Dances:
- Chelsea and Mark: Chelsea's quick ability to pick up dances (she looks great even in rehearsal footage) will help. But what will help even more is the necessity of Mark not making some bizarre choreography choices.
- Hines and Kym: It's not like Hines is even capable of performing a bad dance at this point. Anything less than awesome would be a shock.
- Ralph and Karina: Ralph may not be the best dancer, but he's easily the best performer left on the floor. His acting skills should help to overcome any Instant Dance stumbles.
- Romeo and Chelsie: Romeo has had a pretty good run lately, but how well does he improvise? We'll find out tonight.
- Kirstie and Maks: Kirstie can perform her way out of any hole, but she seems the least likely to shine without a week's preparation.
And what Instant Dances will we see?
- Chelsea and Mark: Salsa
- Hines and Kym: Jive
- Ralph and Karina: Cha-Cha
- Romeo and Chelsie: Salsa
- Kirstie and Maks: Salsa
In addition to the Instant Dances, we will of course see our standard, prepared dances. Each of the pairs will perform a new dance, giving us our very first night of no repeats in dance style:
- Hines and Kym: Foxtrot
- Chelsea and Mark: Waltz
- Ralph and Karina: Viennese Waltz
- Romeo and Chelsie: Tango
- Kirstie and Maks: Argentine Tango
Want more Dancing with the Stars
info? Check out our DWTS Insider page on Facebook
Do you have a favorite to win this season of Dancing with the Stars
? Who will be the best at the Instant Dance? Let us know what you think!(Image courtesy of ABC)