Community is a sitcom. It is not sci-fi or fantasy (usually). But somehow -- thanks to its weirdness and to its dedicated fans -- Community fits in perfectly at the San Diego Comic-Con. Just before the show's cast took the stage for their panel, we got a chance to talk to Joel McHale. Check out this video to find out what happened next.
Not all titles featured on BuddyTV are available through Amazon Prime.
Press play below to watch the video interview with Joel McHale.
- Joel McHale's comments at the beginning of the video refer to the number of small recorders that had been placed in front of them. For the record, I did not use my iPhone because it is almost laughably old and unreliable.
- No one was tweeting right then. McHale was far too much fun for such distraction.
- Maybe Twitter is the reason they stopped telegram service altogether?
- It's cool that Joel McHale is willing to be serious (however briefly) about some things.
- There's no way Community would be in Spanish. We all saw how little they learned back in season 1, after all.
- I don't know why he didn't want my camera to see anything at the 2:10 mark. But hey -- it's funny!
- So Jeff's father is finally going to exist outside of Jeff's tortured psyche? That's cool. Weird casting (in lieu of just plain celebrity casting) would be even cooler.
- John Cleese as Jeff Winger' dad would make me very, very happy. Pierce is more likely, alas.
- I wonder what the highest-rated show in the history of Friday nights actually was? (If you know, that's what the comments section is for!)
- Community and Grimm? Well, it's a pairing that works for me, so I'm not complaining.
- They need to do a drum circle on Community season 4.
- "It was a crazy time." -- McHale's most specific comment with regard to the firing of Dan Harmon.
- Check out the slideshow at the end of this article if you don't remember Joel McHale's tiny but amusing part in Spider-Man 2.
- I wouldn't be shocked if there was a blood sacrifice performed by Community fans.
Check back for more interviews from Comic-Con!