returns to NBC - finally - tonight at 8pm. After a long-delayed start
, a fired showrunner
and even a temporary change of the weekday schedule that never happened, Community
is coming back to air and fans are probably as excited as Abed gets for new Inspector Spacetime episodes.
To celebrate the return of the show, here are some drinking recipes for true fans, as well as a drinking game you can not only play during the season premiere, but also throughout the season. Play during episode re-watches too. Want to find out where to catch old episodes? Download BuddyTV Guide app
and we'll show you where.
Remember, please drink responsibly.
Annie's Boobs' Banana Hammock
For everyone's favorite monkey--or anyone who just likes bananas. (Not this writer, that's for sure.)
- 1 1/2 spice rum
- 3/4 oz. homemade banana syrup
- 3/4 oz fresh lime juice
- 4 slices of banana
Pour the rum, syrup and lime juice into a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake for thirty seconds, then add the slices of banana. Shake for thirty more seconds and then pour. Add the final slice of banana as a garnish on top.
The Inspector Spacetime Black Gin Martini
For martini fans that want a drink as dark as space itself--and a drink that may cause them to want to go back in time after the hangover the next morning.
- 4 oz gin
- 1 oz blackberry brandy
- Lemon twist for garnish
Pour the gin and brandy into a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake and strain into chilled cocktail glass. Alternatively, you can serve on the rocks. Garnish with lemon twist.
Pierce's White Russian
The drink preferred by the most racist member of the study group.
- 1 1/2 oz vodka
- 3/4 oz Kahlua coffee liqueur
- 3/4 oz cream (light recommended)
Pour the vodka and Kahlua over rocks. Stir and then gently pour the cream on top.
Shirley's Shirley Temple
The drink of choice for recovering alcoholics like Shirley.
- 1/4 cup lemon-lime soda
- 1 tablespoon of squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of squeezed lime juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of grenadine syrup
- 1 maraschino cherry
In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, combine lemon-lime soda, grenadine, lemon juice and lime juice. Shake well and pour into a glass filled with ice. Garnish with the cherry.
Drink once when...
- Abed makes a pop culture reference
- Pierce says something racist, homophobic or otherwise inappropriate/offensive
- Annie gasps or cries
- The Dean shows up wearing an outlandish costume
- Abed says "cool cool cool"
- Someone makes an old joke about Pierce
- Troy and Abed do their handshake
Drink twice when...
- The Dean hits on Jeff
- Anyone (other than Annie) cries
- Shirley says "That's nice!" or "That's not nice"
- Annie's boobs (the monkey) is seen
- Inspector Spacetime is mentioned
Drink three if...
- The Human Being is seen
- Jeff delivers a monologue/lesson
- Shirley brings up her faith
- Britta goes on a liberal rant
- Jeff is seen playing on his Blackberry/phone
- Troy screams
- Leonard makes an appearance
Finish the rest of your drink if...
- There's a reference to Dan Harmon
- Two of the people from the study group make out or hook up--take a shot in addition if it's a couple we've never seen do that before
- Star Burns makes an appearance
- We get a segment from "Troy and Abed in the Morning"
Please be safe when either enjoying the cocktail recipes above and/or playing the drinking game. And feel free to follow the rules at your own discretion--though leave feedback in the comments if you came up with something even better.
Community airs Thursdays at 8pm on NBC.
(Image courtesy of NBC.)