If you've been feeling like there hasn't been enough Chuck lately, consider this attempt to fix that situation. And, hopefully, there will be more attempts in the very near future. For now, however, we have a new, season 5 Chuck photo and a few bits of spoilery information for you.
Season 5's First Photo
Is this our first glimpse into the new, privatized spy world of Chuck
? It does look that way. EW.com
posted the photo seen below:
Based on what can be seen here, we can make a few guesses about what's to come:
- The photo visible on the central screen might be Craig Kilborn, slated to be a guest star in the Chuck season 5 premiere.
- The two dark-haired men on the screen right behind Chuck are undoubtedly baddies, but who are they exactly?
- About half of Carmichael Industries' brand-new logo is visible on the screen to the upper-right of the photo.
- Chuck is in charge (as it should be).
- And Chuck has, for some unknown reason, a tennis racket. How awesome is it that Chuck has a tennis racket?
If we're lucky, more photos will follow this first. But we're still more than a month away from Chuck
's return to TV, so patience must reign.Zachary Levi Will Direct
It looks like Zachary Levi will be pulling double-duty for at least one episode of season 5. The episode, "Chuck vs. the Hack-Off," films this week with Levi at the helm. What little information we've heard on the episode
indicates that at least part of the plot will deal with a computer-savvy (but evil) cult.
The Levi-directed episode 5 will also feature a couple of guest stars. Carrie-Ann Moss will appear in the episode as Gertrude Verbanski (who, as we previously reported, may be a love interest for John Casey
), and Danny Pudi of Community will have a guest-starring appearance
Considering the quality of past episodes directed by Zachary Levi (season 3's "Chuck vs. the Beard" and season 4's "Chuck vs. the Leftovers"), we can definitely hope good things for episode 5 of this season.
Want more Chuck
scoop? Check out our Chuck Ultimate Fan Page on Facebook
What do you think is happening in the new Chuck
photo? Did you like the earlier episodes directed by Zachary Levi? Let us know below!(Images courtesy of NBC)