Poor Catherine and Vincent. It's hard enough finding true love, but forgetting true love is even more difficult. With Vincent's amnesia and a complicated conspiracy afoot, true love has never been bumpier for this beauty and this beast.
Not all titles featured on BuddyTV are available through Amazon Prime.
Of course, stars Kristin Kreuk and Jay Ryan don't seem to mind. In fact, the pair seem positively energized by some of the big changes in store for Beauty and the Beast in season two.
BuddyTV was lucky enough to sit down with the blindingly attractive pair to discuss what's in store for Cat and Vincent.
Check out the full interview below:
Highlights from the interview:
- Jay Ryan says the amnesia makes Vincent volatile and Catherine vulnerable. It brings them back to square one.
- Vincent has a new mission this season, he's becoming the super soldier he was always meant to be. He's a very different character this year.
- Last season Ryan wanted to play the beast in a kind of Jekyll and Hyde fashion. While the characters got pushed together pretty fast in the first season, this season their relationship will be a little murkier. Ryan wants to keep the viewers guessing about what state Vincent is in.
- Catherine is more desperate this season. She's more emotional and the ground is less steady for her. Kristin Kreuk likes it because it's more material for her to play.
- This season the show is more focused and the action has been paced up.
- Brad Kern wanted to bring the vibrancy of New York into the show, so they shoot scenes in the city once or twice a month.
- Kreuk's favorite thing about Catherine is that she's determined. She'll do what it takes and make personal sacrifices for the greater good.
- Finding out about her father is going to be really hard for Catherine. It'll enrage her; it'll make her very angry.
- They appreciate that in the second season Beauty and the Beast is it's own show and they don't have to get compared to the original. "There's no photos of Ron Perlman's beast and my beast online next to each other."
- What would a date night be like for amnesic Vincent and Catherine? It would be great if she didn't ask him any questions about himself. "Current events, politics, and religion," Ryan says about the topics they could discuss.
- "We really want to keep the connection that those two characters have this season," Ryan said. "Even though Vincent is on this path and this mission, he's drawn to Catherine still."
- One of the things they've enjoyed most this season have been the action sequences.