Arrow Season 3 will see a shift from Oliver's mission to be a better person and a hero to a quest to attempt to have a life outside of being Arrow. Can he have it all? Executive Producer Greg Berlanti spoke with reporters at San Diego Comic-Con about Oliver's personal life, the theme of the upcoming season, introduction of Ray Palmer and more.
Not all titles featured on BuddyTV are available through Amazon Prime.
Check out the video interview and highlights below.
Interview with Executive Producer Greg Berlanti
Highlights from the interview:
- Last season, Oliver gave up killing. This season it will be about "having an integrated life. Can he really have a life?"
- In Season 3, "there will be a lot of people trying to save either their own souls or someone else's."
- Oliver has to find a new place to live. The lair will be back.
- Oliver will have money problems, but he will find "economic means from surprising places." (Could it be from Malcolm Merlyn? Check out our interview with John Barrowman.)
- Oliver and Felicity's "tension, romantic and otherwise will come to a head." Their relationship will be addressed in the first episodes.
- Ray Palmer (Brandon Routh) wants to buy Queen Consolidated for their tech division. He'll find out that there was a IT woman who became Oliver's assistant. He's curious about her unusual career path. He goes looking for Felicity and wants her to be part of the company.
- We'll see a new side of Thea. "This is her island."
- Malcolm and Thea have a "unique relationship."
- "Malcolm is who he is. He'll always sort of be the devil that you know."
Arrow Season 3 premieres Wednesday, October 8 at 8pm ET on CW.
(Image courtesy of WBEI / Video: Carla Day)