What's it like to be the best friend of a hero?
It never looks like much fun, but sometimes you have to ask one of those rare people who actually know. When we visited the set of The CW's new show, Arrow, we did just that. Colin Donnell, who plays Oliver Queen's best friend Tommy Merlyn, spoke to reporters about his character and the show.
Not all titles featured on BuddyTV are available through Amazon Prime.
is the story of Oliver Queen, a former spoiled rich boy who gets stranded on a remote island for five years. When he returns home, everything is different. Instead of being a hardcore party kid, Oliver seeks justice as the Arrow. His best friend, Tommy Merlyn, however, is still a fixture on the party scene.
Understandably, this causes tension between the two friends.
What does Colin Donnell, the actor who plays Tommy, have to say about that? Check it out in the video below:
A few highlights of this Colin Donnell interview:
- He was not in costume, in case you were wondering.
- If you have never heard of Colin Donnell before, that's because he hasn't done much television prior to Arrow. He did theater stuff instead. Could there be a musical episode in Arrow's future?
- In the pilot episode, Tommy Merlyn very obviously notices that Oliver Queen is not telling him everything. It will be interesting to see where such notice goes in future episodes.
- Tommy has some "stuff on the side." That stuff could become rather important as things go on.
- "People take solace..." Yes, this is important.
- "People grow up. Obviously -- look at Thea. She's different." Donnell is referring to Thea Queen (Willa Holland), Oliver's younger sister. Thea is 17 -- but thinks she's a lot older -- when Arrow begins.
premieres on Wednesday, October 10 at 8pm on The CW. You should watch it. It's awesome.(Images courtesy of The CW, set visit and interview made possible by Warner Bros.)