Time for our second live results show on American Idol
. The field will be slashed from 20 down to 16, with two more guys and two more girls leaving the competition. What follows are my quick thoughts while watching the episode.
Four more cuts need to be made tonight on American Idol
tonight, and here are my pre-show fearless predictions: Sanjaya Malakar and Jared Cotter. will going home on the guy's side, with Alaina Alexander and Stephanie Edwards eliminated on girls' side. Of course, it's a crapshoot at this point. Antonella and Alaina deserve to be eliminated, but both are good-looking, so they might be safe.
- We get a full recap of every single male and female performance in comprehensive fashion.
- Hey, it's the group song! Singing Three Dog Night's “Joy to the World”, it's as corny as every other American Idol group song. I really, really can't stand these group numbers.
- All right, first male elimination is here.
- Phil Stacey: Safe, and deservedly so.
- Chris Sligh: Obviously, still here.
- Sundance Head: Safe, only because he redeemed himself on Tuesday.
- Blake Lewis: American Idol's resident beat boxer is safe.
- Jared Cotter: Ryan fakes him out, takes him up to the podium, but he's safe.
- Nick Pedro: Gone, third guy eliminated from the competition. I would've kept him around, but he's sort of a one-trick pony. Nick performs “Fever” again, and he was good. It'll be a damn shame if Nick goes home and Sanjaya somehow stays.
- Time for a lady to get booted.
- Stephanie Edwards: Safe. Another terrible prediction from me.
- Gina Glocksen: Will stick around.
- Sabrina Sloan: Also safe.
- Melinda Doolittle: Is there any doubt?
- Alaina Alexander: Has been eliminated, and rightfully so. Alaina is pretty emotional, and can't even get herself to sing her goodbye song. She asks all the girls to join her onstage as an excuse to not sing. She sort of pulls herself together to sing the second verse. Even Sundance sheds a tear from the sidelines.
- Ex-American Idol contestant Kellie Pickler hits the stage, sporting some short, weird hair, and MONSTROUS amounts of cleavage. She sings a boring country song.
- Next male elimination.
- Chris Richardson: He stays.
- Brandon Rogers: Safe.
- That brings Sanjaya Malakar and AJ Tabaldo to the front of the stage. Sanjaya should be gone.
- AJ is going home. That's right, AJ. Sanjaya gets to stay another week. American Idol haters have been vindicated. I don't know what to say.
- One more lady to eliminate.
- Lakisha Jones: Safe.
- Haley Scarnato: Safe, and I'm glad.
- Antonella Barba, Leslie Hunt, and Jordin Sparks join Seacrest in the middle of the stage. One of them are going home.
- Antonella: Safe. AHAHAHAHAHAHA. America likes good looking people who take slutty pictures.
- Leslie is going home. It should've been Antonella, but Leslie was next on the list.
All right, so Leslie, Alaina, AJ, and Nick have been eliminated from American Idol. Antonella Barba and Sanjaya Malakar stick around. Weird stuff.
-Oscar Dahl, BuddyTV Senior Writer