The first season of American Horror Story was scary, creepy, and full of sex. FX has released two new videos, which leave little doubt in my mind that the follow-up series American Horror Story: Asylum will be ever creepier and this time be more of a psychological scary than its predecessor.
American Horror Story: Freak Show is available on Amazon Prime.
The upcoming mini-series moves to a new location and time period with all new characters, though several of the actors from the original will appear in new roles. More Jessica Lange, Sarah Paulson, Evan Peters, Lily Rabe, Zachary Quinto, and Frances Conroy on my television screen sounds good to me.
They are joined by newcomers to the franchise: James Cromwell, Lizzie Brochere, Joseph Fiennes, Chloe Sevigny, Adam Levine, and Mark Consuelos.
First up is a one-minute video titled: American Horror Story: Asylum - "Atheist." It includes clips from the series.
Highlights from the clip:
- Adam Levine and Jenna Dewan-Tatum appear to play modern day characters, who visit the asylum as part of a "Haunted Honeymoon tour."
- Lana Winters (Sarah Paulson) is a writer of some sort. She visits the asylum and Sister Mary Eunice (Jessica Lange) calls her an atheist.
- Dr. Oliver Thredson (Zachary Quinto) is concerned about the conditions at the facility.
- Kit Walker (Evan Peters) is tortured in the name of treatment.
- Monsignor Timothy Howard (Joseph Fiennes) does not seem to be very priestly.
- Lana Winters has "an accident" that gets her locked up in the facility.
Wow. Creepy indeed!
The second released video is titled "Go Inside the Asylum." This almost two minute video includes interviews with several people involved with the show.
Highlights from the interview video include:
- "Sexiest, scariest, thrill ride." -- Executive Producer Dante DiLoreto
- "Psychological horror" -- Sarah Paulsen
- "What is sanity? What is insanity?" -- Lily Rabe
- The insanity ward used to be a tuberculosis hospital
- "It's different because instead of torturing other people, I'm the one being tortured. I gotta say I don't like it. I don't like it one bit." - Evan Peters
- "If there's another show like this, I've never seen it." -- James Cromwell
Did these videos get you more excited for the show? What character's story are you most intrigued by so far?
American Horror Story: Asylum premieres on Wednesday, October 17th at 10 pm ET.
(Photo and videos courtesy of FX)