Social Media & Marketing Intern
We are looking for a rockstar intern that will join us for six (6) months to accomplish the following:
- Help grow and manage BuddyTV's social media communities (Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, and more).
- Leverage these communities and other marketing techniques to drive engagement with BuddyTV.com and the BuddyTV Guide mobile app.
- Work closely with our social media manager, manager of business operations, and CEO to execute new marketing campaigns.
- This is a paid internship with the opportunity to advance to full-time employment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- On a daily basis, share BuddyTV.com content with TV-focused communities of over 150,000 combined Facebook fans and 200,000+ Twitter followers.
- Create and manage brand new communities on Google Plus, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Build fan and follower bases by directly engaging with users, keeping track of conversations via social media, reach out and built relationships with related influencers, and adding value to the BuddyTV social experience.
- Measure and track results for marketing initiatives, reporting results on a daily basis.
- Identify web and social media trends for product marketing and content publishing opportunities.
- Write periodic press releases, articles and help out editing and posting content.
- Perform other duties beyond social media as assigned, including administrative support and other related tasks.
The ideal candidate will have a proactive attitude, willing to "do his/her homework," see projects to completion, and the following:
- TV and pop-culture junkie. "Borderline degenerate" is probably the more appropriate term. See BuddyTV.com to see what we cover.
- Strong knowledge of major social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Google+) and fan/follower analytics.
- Excellent copywriting and communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and handle conflicting priorities using communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to measure and analyze results, then draw findings.
- Basic Photoshop skills.
- Commitment to a Monday-Friday schedule at our Lower Queen Anne office in Seattle.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your resume to , and include the following:
- A list of shows you enjoy most or look forward to watching this fall.
- An example of a social media campaign you thought was new and different and why you thought so.
- A short scenario of how you would go about engaging with fans of one of your favorite shows on a social media platform of your choice.
- An example of a mobile app that you're addicted to and why.
At BuddyTV we believe in working hard and playing hard. We love creating awesome products for the TV space. At the same time, our team enjoys events like movie outings, holiday parties, and in-office ping-pong tournaments, along with weekly team lunches and happy hours.